Monday, July 11, 2011

a new blog is born!

I love the smell of a new blog. So fresh, so clean, ready to take your ideas and make them public!

I've been blogging about my life and clothing design for a few years, but lately, I have taken an interest in blogging about herbalism. It didn't seem to fit in with my ideas for my first blog and so I've decided to branch off and create a new blog.

Welcome to Urban Herbal Girl.

Kind of a mouthful, I know. I dare you to say it three times fast.

Right now, I'm at a place in my life where I'd love to pursue more formal herbal education. However, money is scarce and time is short. Instead of waiting for the stars to align in favor of my education, I've taken matters into my own hands and will be researching different aspects of herbalism in an urban context, and will be sharing my finds on my blog.

Much of the time, I'll focus on a herb in each post. Sometimes, I may post a tutorial or pictures of herbal projects that I am working on or have finished. MAYBE I'll ever get out there and be able to start doing some photography of herbs at the garden center where I work. I had  better get on that before the growing season ends!

Join me if you'd like to begin an informal learning adventure into the world of herbalism. I welcome comments or critiques, and would love to have you tag along, if you are curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment